Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

merry strasmus!!

I took the opportunity on Tuesday night to brave the borderline anxiety-disorder-provoking metro ride down to the ballpark. I had to see if the hype was really true about this strasburg kid. was he really the "baseball jesus?" Okay, fine, who am I kidding... I just wanted to be in on the excitement. And it was really awesome to be there with 41,000 other baseball/nationals/washington/excited fans. Seriously. The stadium was freaking packed. I was stoked.

My favorite part of the whole evening was how amazingly quiet the entire stadium got when Strasburg would throw a pitch. I can't imagine many things that could quiet 41k people. And that concentration and respect lasted through the whole 7 innings he was on the field. You couldn't quite hear a pin drop, but you could hear the baseball hit the mitt. You could also see that curveball. :)

All in all, I am so glad I was there to witness the future legend. 14 strikeouts. Not bad for his first night...

No comments:

Post a Comment